USA Visa Condition

You must remain enrolled full time. Go to class and maintain passing grades. If you are having difficulty in your classes, notify your international advisor. If you are unable to complete your program by the date listed on your Form I-20, your international advisor can help you request a program extension.

Your passport should be valid for at least 6-months in the future. Your country’s consulate or embassy can help you extend your passport if needed. Carry a copy of your passport with you along with your I- 94 card for identification purposes.

Always notify your international advisor or office if you make changes to your address, study plans, or visa status.

F1 visa students are not allowed to work off-campus. However, you may have some on-campus work or curricular practical training options if you qualify. Check with your international advisor to see if this is a possibility for you. If you choose to work without proper authorization, your visa will be revoked and you will be forced to leave the United States.

You have 60 days upon completion of your program to leave the United States under your F1 visa. To remain in the US, you will need to re-enroll in a higher program, transfer to another school to receive a new I-20 form, or apply to change your visa status. Your international advisor can give you more information regarding your options.