The GMAT is the Graduate Management Admission Test, a standardized test required by the vast majority of business schools because it provides a measure of an applicant’s academic ability.
It is a standardized test intended to measure a test taker’s aptitude in mathematics and the English language. The GMAT is most commonly used as the primary exam reviewed by business schools to gain entrance into an MBA program. The exam is generally offered by computer only; in areas of the world where computer networks are limited, the exam may be given as a paper-based test.
Graduate Management Admission Test – GMAT exam consists of three sections: analytical writing assessment, verbal ability and a quantitative section. The maximum score achievable for the GMAT is 800, and exam scores are generally valid for five years following the exam’s completion.
KNOW MORE ABOUT GMAT
Online, Phone, Mail, Fax.
Forms are available at USEFI (U.S. Education Foundation in India) or they can be downloaded from the website.
Requirements for Phone / Fax Registration:
Name as in the Passport, Address, Credit Card Number, Name of the Cardholder, Expiry date of the card. (The card has to be an International Card).
A registration no. is given as terms of confirmation.
The GMAT Scoring Scale
An official GMAT score report consists of five parts:
- Verbal Scaled Score (on a scale from 0 to 60)
- Quantitative Scaled Score (on a scale from 0 to 60)
- Total Scaled Score (on a scale from 200 to 800)
- Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) Score (on a scale from 0 to 6)
- Integrated Reasoning Score (on a scale from 1 to 8)
The total score is a scaled combination of the verbal and quantitative scaled scores, and thus reflects a student’s overall performance on the multiple-choice sections
Benefits of a High GMAT Score:
- A high score will increase the chances of admission in top Business Schools
- Visa Officers also give weightage to high GMAT scores while considering Visa applications
- Chances of getting Scholarships / Financial Aid are bright with a high GMAT score